His Eminence the 7th Kyabje Yongzin Ling Rinpoche is on a teaching visit through the West Coast, August 15th through September 19th (See Schedule). He will be in Portland, September 7th through the 10th at the following venues:
- Gala for Tibet: An Evening with HE Kyabje Yonzin Ling Rinpoche Fundraiser for Sunday Tibetan School Friday, September 7th | 6 – 10 PM NWTCA Lemelson Auditorium Limited seating.
- Public Talk: Kindness & Compassion Target Audience: Youth Saturday, September 8th | 10:30 AM – 12 Noon Maitripa College Free but pre-registration required.
- Spirituality and Humanity: An Interfaith Conversation on Creating Harmonious Community and Healthy Leadership Saturday, September 8th | 2 – 4 PM University of Portland Free and open to all.
- Dolkar Tsewang: White Tara Long Life Empowerment Sunday, September 9th | 9:30 AM – 12 Noon NWTCA Lemelson Auditorium
- Lojong: 8 Verses of Mind Training Sunday, September 9th | 2 – 4 PM NWTCA Lemelson Auditorium Suggested Donation for Empowerment and Teaching on Sunday, Sept. 9th is $25. Tickets will be sold at the gate.
He was born in India on November 18, 1985. He was taken to the Tibetan Children’s Village in Dharamsala, after his mother died, and stayed there until His Holiness the Dalai Lama recognized him as the reincarnation of his Senior Tutor, the 6th Kyabje Yongzin Ling Rinpoche, who passed away in 1983.
During this interview, he spoke with John Shuck about leadership, suffering, kindness, and happiness.