500 mountains in Appalachia have had their tops destroyed in order to get to the coal seams. Many within faith communities see this destruction as an assault on God’s creation. Coal companies have their sites set on Tennessee’s mountains.
Jennie Young of Elizabethton, Tennessee talks to me about efforts to alert people, particularly in faith communities, about mountain top removal strip mining, and to encourage them to tell our political representatives to take action.
Jennie Young was featured in the Elizabethon Star, Struggle to Protect State’s Mountains is a Moral Issue at Heart for Activist
Jennie Young and others from First Presbyterian Church of Elizabethton speaking out for Appalachia’s mountains.
- Monday, January 9th at 1 pm on WEHC, 90.7.
- Thursday, January 12th at 8 pm on WETS, 89.5.
- Sunday, January 15th, at noon on WEHC, 90.7.
- Sunday, January 15th, at 2 pm on WETS, 89.5.
- Via podcast beginning January 16th.
Here is the action packet she mentioned on the show, Not One More Mountain.